Skills for Life
Our Skills for Life programme offers your daughter an exciting programme of learning opportunities and experiences designed to help pupils grow and develop independently and as members of families and communities.
The programme and Sixth Form life includes –
- Personal finance lessons and certification in Level 2
- School arrangement of driving lessons for Sixth Former’s
- Inspiring Women days with entrepreneurial and industry speakers
- Lecture programme with high profile speakers such as Prof. Tanya Byron
- The opportunity to do Young Enterprise
- The opportunity to do the Leith’s Certificate in Food and Wine
- A trip to the Paris Conference – the Palais des Congres.
- Optional trip to New York conference at the United Nations
- Participation in the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme
- Martial arts training in street-proofing and personal safety
- Well-being workshops
- First Aid training
Skills for Life within Westonbirt School supports and encourages the continued growth of a community which values respect, mutual care and consideration, and plays an essential role in producing resilient and confident young women.
Our Skills for Life programme aims to enable girls to be:
- Able to communicate with a variety of individuals
- Content with themselves and in their continued development
- Competent and equipped with the skills required for further study and the world of work
- An independent learner
- Prepared to be of service to others
- Adventurous and resilient
- A risk taker coupled with a common sense approach to life